Dr. Jarret Morrow MD currently divides his time between working in full-time family practice at the Rutherford Medical Clinic and as a cosmetic physician at the adjacent Serene Radiance Rutherford Laser clinic in Edmonton, Alberta. If you’re looking for Dr. Morrow from Bliss YogaSpa, he is now exclusively providing cosmetic services at the Serene Radiance location.
He holds a special interest in aesthetic medicine and offers most cosmetic injectables at his clinic. Dr. Morrow is a graduate of the University of Alberta school of medicine. As mentioned, Dr. Morrow was recently a cosmetic physician at Bliss YogaSpa for nearly four years (up until June of 2020). Previously, he has worked as a rural emergency physician and hospitalist in Leduc. He is currently an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Alberta in the department of family medicine. Dr. Morrow has received awards for his work in research and medical education.
Dr. Morrow has completed advanced training in aesthetic medicine including the use of neuromodulators such as Botox®, Dysport® and hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm and Restylane) as well as Belkyra. He has trained with several physicians at the forefront of cosmetic medicine–both in Canada and the United States. He is a member of the Canadian Association of Aesthetic Medicine. Dr. Morrow is an active member of Mensa Canada® and American Mensa®.
A Little Bit About Dr. Jarret Morrow…
Dr. Morrow grew up in Canada with a diverse background and interest in sports. During high school, he competed on his school swim team (Harry Ainlay Composite) as well as on the Alberta Provincial Cycling and Provincial Biathlon (winter) teams. While competing in bicycle racing, he won numerous events including at the Alberta Provincial Cycling Championships (individual pursuit, road race, and time trial). He also placed 3rd in the Canadian National Cycling Championships (road race).
More About Dr. Jarret Morrow…
Dr. Morrow is a husband to his wife Katherine and father to his son Tyler.
Dr. Morrow received his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Alberta in June 2001 and prior to that, received his Bachelor of Science with Specialization in Pharmacology with Distinction, also from the University of Alberta, in June 1997.
He went on to complete his residency training in family medicine also at the University of Alberta, 2013 where he was awarded the University of Alberta Family Medicine Resident Scholarship award.
- Canadian Medical Association
- Alberta Medical Association
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (here)
- College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Canadian Association of Aesthetic Medicine (here)
- Mensa Canada and American Mensa.
- You can also reference his Google Scholar Page: here.
- Donna Manca; Kim Duerksen; Brian Forst; Dave Jackson; Karim Keshavjee; Ken Martin; Jarret Morrow; Rick Birtwhistle. The Canadian Primary Care Sentinel Surveillance Network: Knowledge Exchange by Bridging the Evidence-Practice Gap. NAPCRG Meeting. November 15, 2011
- Jean-Michel Le Melledo, Jorge Perez-Parada, Jarret Morrow, Francois Bellavance, Nathalie Lara, Farideh Jahandar, Robert Granger, Glendon Tait, and Karen McManus. Pentagastrin-induced hemoconcentration in healthy volunteers and patients with panic disorder: effect of pretreatment with ethinyl estradiol. J Psychopharmacol. 2011 Jan;25(1):71-7 [Pubmed]
- Psychiatric Clinical Skills, Revised 1ST edition. Jarret Morrow, Mark Katz, Gary Rodin. Editor: David S. Goldbloom. Publisher: Center for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto. 2010. Chapter 16 “Assessment of Medical/Surgical Patients.” [CAMHX.ca]
- Jean-Michel Le Melledo, Jorge Perez-Parada, Jarret Morrow, Francois Bellavance, Nathalie Lara, Farideh Jahandar, Robert Granger, Glendon Tait, and Karen McManus. Pentagastrin-induced hemoconcentration in healthy volunteers and patients with panic disorder: effect of pretreatment with ethinyl estradiol. Journal of Psychopharmacology;2009: October 13th. [sagepub.com]
- Jarret D. Morrow, Mark Katz, Gary Rodin. Assessment of Medical/Surgical Patients. Psychiatric Clinical Skills. Editor: David S. Goldbloom. Publisher: Elsevier. Toronto, Ontario. 2006. 215-227. [Google Books]
- Morrow J, Castillo M, Gill L, Bradley J, Lara N, Chrapko W, Le Melledo J. Antipanic Effects of Paroxetine on the Panic Response to Pentagastrin in Healthy Controls and Patients with Panic Disorder. Psychosomatic Medicine 2004; 64 Abstract #1585.
- Morrow J, Tait G, McManus K, Bellavance F, Lara N, and Le Mellédo J. Pentagastrin-induced Release of Free Fatty Acids in Healthy Volunteers and Patients with Panic Disorder. Effect of Pretreatment with Ethinyl Estradiol. J Psychiatry Neurosci 2003;28(2):127-33. [Pubmed.com]
- Morrow J, Tait G, McManus K, Bellavance F, Lara N, and Le Mellédo J. Pentagastrin-induced Hemoconcentration in Healthy Volunteers and Patients with Panic Disorder. Effect of Pretreatment with Ethinyl Estradiol. Psychosomatic Medicine 2002;64(1): 117 (Abstract).
- Le Melledo J-M, Lara N, Bailey D, Morrow J, Archer S, Juracz P, Radomski M, Chrapko W, Baker G, Bellavance F. Anxiety Disorders and cerebro-cardiovascular risks. ADAA Toronto, March 2003.7.
- Le Melledo J-M, McManus K, Tait G, Morrow J, Bellavance F. Investigation of the Cardiovascular Risks Associated with Panic Disorder. Biological Psychiatry meeting, Washington 1999.
- Le Melledo J-M, McManus K, Tait G, Morrow J, Bellavance F. Investigation of the Cardiovascular Risks Associated with Panic Disorder. CCNP meeting, Halifax, June 1999.